Friday, July 11, 2014

KHAMSIN on HNS Award Short List

In August of 2012, 
Khamsin
was enthusiastically reviewed and
selected as an Editor's Choice
by the prestigious
Historical Novel Society;
that was quite thrilling.

(I  have since changed the cover, eliminated quite a few pesky "nits" and formatting issues in the print version, and shortened several of my "Germanic" convoluted sentences.)

But not until I received an e-mail from the organizers of the First Annual Historical Fiction Indie Award did I realize that my 'beloved' Ancient Egyptian novel had been placed on their short list of nine books for their award.

They actually asked if I "wanted to participate" .... 
Well, duh! I posthaste complied with a few additional requirements - and now am gnawing on my knuckles. It is all up to the judges now who will reveal the winner in September - at their London Conference (I do so wish I could be there).

Competition is an awesome array of offerings - and you can check me on this here:
http://tinyurl.com/oyssz78

I also hope that, maybe, it will encourage my HF writer-friends to seeks reviews from the Society; they are a tough bunch, but a nod from them goes a long way.

 While it may not do much for increased sales - 
it surely is balm on the solitary writer's heart.




4 comments:

  1. How exciting! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read of your standing in the contest and said, 'But of Course!!!' Fingers crossed!

    Diana Wilder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Julie and Diana. I was so surprised and - "but of course" - am jazzed about it. Now, I must really buckle down and write the finale; the scarab is rattling around in my head and wants to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the recognition and still being in the running for the award! That's great news - good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete